Friday, May 13, 2005

Taking a stand against bullies, the Mr Rogers way!

Greetings and Happy Friday the 13th to all

 

Believing as I do in the laws of Synchronicity.... I was having a discussion about bullying with a friend, who is having an issue with her son being bullied. I was telling her about the quote that I am including as the thought for the day

 

I came back to my computer, got online and there is an article about Fred "MR" Rogers, and his experience of being bullied. I am attaching the article if anyone is interested on reading a story about this kind and compassionate man

 

In retrospect, lack of self-love is fertile ground for people and children who are bullies. These souls are usually in pain themselves. In addition to being insecure.  It is always easier for them to find the person that is "safe" who will not, or cannot defend themselves. Creating a victim mentality, making it that much harder to take back your personal power

 

I am hardly an expert, but what I do know is those of us, who are sensitive, eccentric, psychic beings, are singled out for this abuse, because we are different. I did not appreciate my "different ness" as a child. I was ashamed, and wanted to be invisible.

 

 As I have come to find as an adult, that many envy that "dare to be different"-ness about me and there are still those adult bullies that wish to destroy that which they are not. Fear anger, insecurity making them hurt others

 

I learned that although we must set boundaries with these spirits, we must also love them for the same light that exists in me exists in them too

 

Lets also look at how we may take our pain, regret and anger and frustration on those that are not deserving of that treatment. Sadly enough, it is usually someone we love, or a perfect stranger, walking down the path of life. Being human is a challenge. Some days are more challenging than others!!

 

I hope everyone has a beautiful and relaxing weekend

 

Here is the thought for the day:

 

I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me. If only I'd known that one day my different ness would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier.
Bette Midler (1945 - ____) US singer, actress
In "Words of Women Quotations for Success," by Power Dynamics Publishing, 1997.

 

 

The Simple Faith of Mister Rogers author interview with Amy Hollingsworth on Beliefnet -- Beliefnet.com


Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber
Here is the web page:
http://hometown.aol.com/blueroadspirit/myhomepage/business.html
Here is a link to my journal page: Walking the Red Road 
 

No comments: