Friday, May 27, 2005

Om- the power of meditation and visiting the universe

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

My spiritual journey has been a virtual smorgasbord of practices. I try to be balanced and shy away from extreme, fanatical thinking, because it indicates unbalance.

As I am presented with something new, I see it as an opportunity to grow, it may be of benefit to myself someday or someone I may come into contact with.

No experience is wasted.

Back in my youth, I was in a rock band. No illusions of grandeur, we set up, played and tore down. We played small bars and clubs in bad parts of town.

 I learned to plug in all of the equipment, tear it down and pack it away in a systematic fashion ... what is this leading to?......

20 years later, I was at a huge reception at my Alma Mater....the sound system failed, the nun in charge looked frantically at the wires and sound system, just as the Guest speaker was going to go on. So seeing her plight, I jumped into action, in my dress and heels, I traced and replugged the sound board .....and as the guest speaker got to the mic, it worked.

She looked at me and said, how did you do that?

It's a gift Sister....No experience is wasted.   LOL

Many different cultures embrace the power of stillness and reconnection of our physical selves with the "Oneness" that is God, the Universe, The source.

I find it easiest to explain it as; We become separate, and that mourning, that not fitting in, the lack of clarity and Synchronicity with our physical world is because of our separateness from the "Source",

What chanting does, is using the Cosmic sound of OM (pron.: A-U-M) in order to reconnect ourselves to that from which we came.

It grounds and centers us and fills us with the universal energy that recharges us...

Even if you do not subscribe to "the universe",  the effects are profound. Something to add to your spiritual bag of tools. Please visit the attached link, it will explain it in greater detail.

When we are feeling alone, disconnected and unloved. Chant Om in a safe and quiet place, and you will feel reconnected to yourself and the Universe.

Om and Mantras

Here is the thought for the day Friday-have a safe and centered weekend.

 

...the fact that I practice meditation doesn't mean that I am always calm or kind or gentle, or always present. There are many times when I am not. It doesn't mean that I always know what to do and never feel confused or at a loss. But even being a little more mindful helps me see things I might not have seen and take small but important, sometimes critical steps I might not otherwise have taken.

John Kabat-Zinn

   
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber
Here is the web page:http://hometown.aol.com/blueroadspirit/myhomepage/business.html
Here is a link to my journal page: Walking the Red Road
 

No comments: