Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Optimism and Motivation

Good Morning, Happy Tuesday!  

Two men looked through jail bars...One saw mud...The other stars.......   Which one are you?  

To see things as an optimist allows you to use your ability of "perception" to roll over challenges, and see them as purposeful lessons...

Opportunities rather than obstacles.  

It is easy to want to "nay say" and "poo-poo" optimistic outbursts...or optimistic catch phrases. But once you know them, you can't help but use them!!!  

Positive thinking and optimism is contagious. Motivational material and speakers, get endorphins flowing. They get us excited about our future, and it lifts our mood... 

We get creative and inspired. It is beneficial to use these kinds of materials every day.  

My personal favorite Motivational speaker is Zig Ziglar. My favorite book of his is "Over the top." He uses humor and storytelling in order to inspire and motivate.  

When I was 19, My personal and professional Mentor, Harry Abel,  introduced us to his tapes, and forced us to listen to him every day. I was not the most positive person back then, and those tapes had a profound impact on my attitude (and boy did I have one!) and life.  

One of my favorite Zig-isms is, "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."  

Annoy, I mean Inspire, your friends and coworkers, become an Optimist. Get motivated, get inspired, get happy, and above all

HAVE FUN DOING IT!  

Here is the Thought for the day!  

 An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat and takes the tartar sauce with him. Zig Ziglar  

Namaste!

Marianne Goldweber

No comments: