Monday, June 13, 2005

Did you see my inner child?

Good Monday to All !!!  

I'm not sure when it happens, but there is a shift that occurs, from being a child to an adult.  Someone shatters our reality with the programming of adulthood.....Then we begin trying to make our children like us...... doomed to a lifetime of deadlines and over scheduling; Fun and appreciation for Life is something you have to "fit in" the day. Or go without.  

I have looked in the mirror of illusion of self, and decided; I want to be more like my child...  

What spirit! What kindness, What generosity, What thoughtfulness.

Always thinking of others first.....What simple beauty... To lie in the grass, and marvel at the complexity of Creation.... How ants carry boulders in their world....How to talk to God like a friend. To create art from twigs and string... To forgive people.....To smile at Elders.... To hold hands and not be ashamed of public displays of affection. To pick bouquets of dandelions and give them in Love...  

I love the way they see life so completely, without ego, or expectation.....

Yes...I've decided I want to be more like my child........   

 Here is the thought for the day:

If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in.

Rachel Carson
   
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber
Here is the web page:
http://hometown.aol.com/blueroadspirit/myhomepage/business.html
Here is a link to my journal page: Walking the Red Road
 

No comments: