Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Good Morning!
 
For most of us, we can't see our own path as clearly as we can see the path of others.
 
We are amazed that they can't see the barriers and challenges that keep them from Peace, Love and Joy.
 
In my spiritual path, I incorporate many different spiritual philosophies, but that of Our indigenous peoples speaks to me the most.
 
In this philosophy, my reality begins with me, and everyone outside of me is reflecting back to me, like a mirror, my beauty and weaknesses.
 
People, animals, insects, plants, and trees, all offer me a mirror to look into, to apply to my life and how I might see my own illusions that I create.
 
When we can observe others in this way and apply those things to us, we then will find compassion for them as they too struggle through this Earth Walk.
 
We see them as an external Mirror for ourselves, appreciating them, and sometimes seeing behavior that is less than attractive, that we ourselves have done.
 
We develop understanding and love for them because they cannot see clearly.
 
We will no longer be a judge, because they are us.
 
Then, through our example, and learning these lessons, we become teachers of a better way to live.
 
But this change begins with us changing our own perception, our own reality, rather than trying to change those around us.
 
People learn from watching, as they see you make these difficult changes in your own behavior and life, they will be inspired.
 
One day I had a dream and the thought of the day was written in that dream...
I got up and wrote it, verbatim, without correction...
 
Dare to dream,
Dare to have vision,
and  find the courage to look in the mirror of those around you.
 
Here is the thought for the day-
The Mirror of Me

 In a dream I looked into a pool and what I saw was me,

But in a gentler version of what we really see.

 

I was then shown, this pool really does reflect,

Every one I chance to meet, in all things that exist.

 

As I go about my day, do I see the piece of me,

that lives in everyone I meet, in every bird and tree?

 

It’s hard some days to see myself in beggar and in thief,

In Gossip and in Poverty as I pass it on the street.

 

Compassion is the key, how would it be if it was me?

Would I hope to get a smile from everyone I see?

 

Or would I like them to scorn and scold me for my mistake,

and pass me as so many did, leaving judgment in their wake?

 

Since I am a piece of God, and walk the Beauty way,

I must help myself up off the street and give encouragement away.

 

To give a smile.. … You can do It… I can understand,

I can help…what can I do…give a helping hand.

 

For in the ripples of the pool the reflection is You I see.

It’s hard to tell but I now know that you're a part of me.

 

God has a Great Reflecting Pool, and as he looks Within,

In His Great Wisdom sees me inside of Him.

 

He treats me gently like a child, no matter what mistakes I make,

And all He asks in return is that I might do the same.

 

Marianne Goldweber copyright 2005

 

  

Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: