Thursday, April 28, 2005

This little light of Mine! Care for the Body

Good Morning all !!!! Our bodies.....

For many of us, it brings up negative feelings, guilt and avoidance....Once again, our society places so much emphasis on physical beauty, that the rest is out of balance. Emotional health, Spiritual well being. If all of these were in balance, such demand for perfection would be meaningless...

So, since our perception of the "perfect" physical form is not ours, we treat or body like an enemy. It is not beautiful, so I will abuse it..... I drive it, I deny it rest, I do not adorn it, or service it. But it keeps running.  

Recently, I had to address some Karma  (Basic Buddhism: The Theory of Karma Click here for explanation) from this existence. I have not always been kind or considerate to my body. In fact, in spite of my treatment, it continues to sustain me life.  

 I was recently reminded by a mentor of mine, that the body is a gift. I asked for it from Creator and the Universe before I came here.  I chose this vessel, my ship, I am to ride in through this existence. Why do I punish it so?  It did me no wrong; my anger and frustration is displaced. Why do I not honor the gift that it is, a blessing?   (Yikes, I never thought of it that way.)

  My change in consciousness was that; This gift, my body, is to be cherished, it is the only one I have.  It may not be perfect, but I love it, like a Mother loves a child. I have punished the body because I made bad choices, and try not to do that any more. 

When my Spirit was in pain, the body received the punishment.  

 My vessel I know now, is my church, my temple, it houses a piece of God, and through Namaste (Namaste - The Significance of a Yogic Greeting) I see that God light in all living things, especially my own, and see beyond the physical self.

As we heal, mentally, and Spiritually, we will naturally heal physically. Then we will be able to see in how we treat our temple, how we are doing, on other levels.

  I also can now see how others treat their vessel as a way of telling me how they are doing Spiritually, and emotionally.  

 Today, friends, look in the mirror and Namaste; See the piece of God that is in you.. honor it, lovingly tend it, nurture the self, it is a gift, it is priceless.  

 Here is the thought for the day:

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you never walk alone.

    We leave you a tradition of the future. The tender loving care of human beings will never become obsolete.
    People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, redeemed and redeemed and redeemed. Never throw anyone away.

    Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm.

    As you grow older, you'll discover that you have two hands: One for helping yourself, the second for helping others.
You have great days still ahead of you. May there be many of them
.

Beauty Secrets
As published in a recent "Dear Abby" column

  
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber
Web page:
http://hometown.aol.com/blueroadspirit/myhomepage/business.html

No comments: