Friday, May 26, 2006

Lost in Sears....

The Unknown.........
 
Sounds like a scary place... but when we don't know what to do, or where to go, rather than running willy nilly, planning, trying, scheming, doing;
 
It may be time to be still...because the answers lie in the stillness...
 
A long time ago, my Mom took us to Sears, ( hot nuts and hot dogs...yummy...) and we would go to the toy area while she shopped... Well, being who I was, I got bored and went looking for her....panic ensued, and meanwhile she went to the toy section, and I wasn't there....
We spent what seemed to be forever looking for each other. 
 
I was in a panic...then I was running, in all directions, criss-crossing where I had already been out of fear.. Well when we finally saw each other she said.....
 
If you are ever lost, just stop and stay where you are and I will find you......
 
Guidance from our Elders, Creator Guides and Angels come in the same way....
 
In the silence, the stillness....
 
When you are lost, and in a panic, stop... be still and allow yourself to be found, and listen for the guidance to give you direction...
 
Here is the thought for the day
 
There is something greater and purer than what the mouth utters.
Silence illuminates our souls, whispers to our hearts, and brings them together.
Silence separates us from ourselves,
makes us sail the firmament of spirit,
and brings us closer to Heaven;
it makes us feel that bodies are no more than prisons
and that this world is only a place of exile.
Author: Kahlil Gibran
 
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: