Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is all we have....

Earlier in  life I allowed the painful experiences to make me seperate from others. I felt that people just wanted to hurt and take, and didn't really give a damn. I sadly spent much of that time taking, to prevent being taken, and withheld my love to punish. In spite of that, I had many people during that time who loved me anyway. I can't ever thank them all or enough.

Once my perception shifted, I realized that Love can't be contained. It is a free flowing stream from the deepest part of ourselves to another. I have allowed myself to be swept away by this divine flow.
I honestly can't look at another human being without feeling that love connection. It's the only thing I have that I can freely give. I will never run out of it if I stay connected to that place.

It seems that that Love takes risk, but if it is unconditional, there is no risk.

Occasionally I feel like the little boy throwing the beached starfish back into the water. Millions of them at risk of dying in the sun. The sheer magnitude of this mission can be overwhelming, but  knowing that just a little love will revive the light in another soul- one person at a time,  makes it do-able.

Every human thirsts for love- demonstrated in their need for  attention, value, kindness, compassion, and worth. What I can do is be present, and notice another who feels invisible or without identity or hurting. I can  remind them that they are a perfect expression of the Divine- and no matter who took that from them, they are Loved.

I love you.
Happy Valentines day
Marianne

No comments: