Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Ego is not my Amigo

I have had a huge issue with authority my whole life.

I enjoyed making myself self important and dishonored others to feed my insatiable ego and need for control.

I have found that it is my insecurity and arrogance that made me want to be the superstar or savior- not because of my desire to do a good job, but to do a AMAZING job to rub it in your face or to make someone else look and feel inferior.
It was my way of sucking energy, gaining attention; otherwise known as Bullying.

I hated being disrespected and therefore I gave no respect.

I have applied the following exercise brought to me by my spiritual teachers.
1. I write down 3 things I can criticize about the person I am observing.
2.Then I write down 3 things I like about them.(Much harder)

In front of each write "I am"

I can't change others- but I can change that behavior in myself. I can relent to do what I am told- because everyone has a different way to do things- not just my way.
Being a good follower is just as important as being a great leader.

My need to be right, or powerful or in control is my insecurity.

No comments: