Monday, October 23, 2006

Quantity or Quality?

Good Morning!
Welcome the new week!
 
The illusion of time causes us to get caught in the details of our day without looking at the quality of the life that we are living.
 
Time is illusionary..we are not completely present as it ticks by, while we schedule, work, eat, and sleep.
 
I like to think of the quality of  my life....
 
Are the things that I am doing truly bring me joy?
Are the things that I commit to of purpose and value?
 
I lived a life of being all things to all people, and came to the conclusion that I wasn't doing anything well and the person least happy was me.
 
Once I learned to set personal boundaries of what I truly can commit to it has made all the difference.
We are afraid of disappointing....but the truth is that when we commit to things we really don't want to do, it shows... nothing is being done well.
 
More often than not, more people are being disappointed by my inability to do my best, rather than being present, and unhurried.
 
Once you set these boundaries some will be disappointed, but you will be happier and so will everyone around you.
 
Is your life Quantity or Quality?
 
Here is the thought for the day-
 
Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better,
To paint a picture or write a letter,
Bake a cake or plant a seed,
Ponder the difference between want and need?
Dust if you must, but there's not much time,
With rivers to swim and mountains to climb,
Music to hear and books to read,
Friends to cherish and life to lead.
Dust if you must, but the world's out there
With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
This day will not come 'round again.
Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
Old age will come and it's not always kind.
And when you go and go you must,
You, yourself, will make more dust.

Author Unknown
But Greatly Appreciated
!

 
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: