Saturday, June 27, 2009

Spiritual Warrior

Our society uses labels to define people and things. I have struggled to define myself using these societal labels but finally have decided that one of them is Spiritual Warrior.
I searched the internet and found an amazing writing by Ryan Androsoff that describes exactly how I perceived myself.
I emailed him and was honored that he responded and gave me permission to use his inspirational piece in my blog...
This is for all the spiritual warriors out there.

The Spiritual Warriors Creed

I am a Spiritual Warrior.
Love is my only sword,
Faith my only shield.
Truth my only map,
Wisdom my only commander.

I stand for all that is good, I protect the light.
I reject all that is evil, I conquer the darkness.
My wars are not fought on the battlefield.

Wherever there is ignorance, hatred, suffering or fear I wage war.
Wars not fought with bombs and bullets.
Wars where blood is not spilt or lives destroyed.
Wars fought only with truth and light.
Wars where evil is conquered and darkness destroyed.

I fight for no country or army.
No leader, money or power.
I fight for the spirit of creation.
I fight to clear the way so it's love and goodness
may once again embrace all creation.
I do all this selflessly and with humility.

I cleanse my body, temple of the creative force.
I live in harmony with all things.
I resist temptation and embrace enlightenment.
I vigilantly toil to gain knowledge and wisdom.
And above all I stand firm as a beacon in the night,
for all mankind to follow.
I am a Spiritual Warrior
~ Ryan Androsoff




I wrote it awhile ago now, I believe back in 1996, and it seems to have spread around the internet on a few different websites over the years. The inspiration was my religious/cultural background which is the Doukhobors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doukhobors), the English translation of which means “Spirit Wrestlers”.
Ryan Androsoff

No comments: