Friday, April 24, 2009

A Village of One- Rise

Some days, I feel like a Village of One.

There are many times in our life when we will have to choose between doing the safe and easy thing- or the harder, better thing.
That sounds simple enough in theory, but as martin Luther King said;

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"
--Martin Luther King Jr


Fear is a crippling thing.

Courage asks you to rise in spite of popularity- of the status quo- of harm- or retaliation.


Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


I marvel at how "gangs" band together to create destruction, chaos and fear..but seldom do we have "gangs" of do good-ers banding together to take a stand for Peace, Love..

Each loving sensitive person in this world feels like a Village of One; unable to have the strength to overcome these darker forces... alone.

Nice people are afraid of making people angry, we are conditioned to turn the other cheek; afraid to Rise, to become a target......

Setting Peaceful, Loving boundaries and speaking our truth will always annoy people who are not being their highest and best..

But your example will empower others to have the courage to Rise..........

With Love and Compassion and en-courage-ing each other,through our example- we can make a difference.

You are not alone, have the courage to speak up and speak out.
Speak of Love, Hope and Peace, justice and the right to be...
and before you know it you will not be alone anymore....

Here is the thought for the day;
And I Rise- Maya Angelou





Still I Rise

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.


Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: