Saturday, February 14, 2009

Do-gooder out of control...lol

Perception is a very interesting thing. It's like when you find out your pregnant- and then all of the sudden, every commercial on TV is for baby stuff...

It's not like a 'sign' from the Universe- it's that your perception has shifted. You become acutely AWARE of the baby commercials...lol

If you follow this blog- I am an advocate for the homeless and those of us who are suffering. So.."I see homeless" people everywhere..(Like 'I see Dead People')... you would be shocked to know that they are everywhere-regardless of where you live...

Anyway- I went to the gas station in my neighborhood- There was a man standing outside- in the freezing cold at the end of the building- he had on boots that weren't laced- a hoodie under about three other light jackets- he had rubber gloves on under his gloves and he was a little scruffy- and looked tired and worn.

My homeless radar went off. I went in bought my vanilla creamer and a pack of smokes and when I came out and he was still there- so I said "Good Morning!"- he said "good morning"- I said "I'm a minister that does outreach for the homeless- is there anything you need?" He looked at me a little strangely (common) and said "Huh?"
I said, " I'm heading downtown- are you homeless?" His face broke out in a gigantic smile and he started laughing- I though he was going to spill his coffee..

He said "No- I'm waiting for my car to get fixed across the street and came to get a coffee.." I apologized. He said "Wow- thanks for noticing me. It's nice to know that people are out here caring about people." I told him I was glad he had a home- and was OK. he said thanks again!!.....

I think I'm out of control.....lol

Hey- Better safe than sorry- but I'll bet he starts to see homeless people too....lol

No comments: