Monday, August 13, 2007

A Knock at Midnight- Will you answer?

A Knock at Midnight- Will you answer?
Posted on Aug 13th, 2007 by Marianne : Spiritual Warrior on the Good Red Road Marianne

For all of us, there comes a time in our life- the dark hour- where there is no hope- where there are no answers- where our life has become a swirling chaotic mess and there is no way to forseeably manage it…

This,  is the knock at midnight- the darkest hour in the soul of man…..

We are all called to a higher purpose-

In our own life- in the lives of others- but sometimes we do not hear the knock- nor do we have the courage to answer- our fear of the unknown has us cowering;  unable to face our midnight visitor……

The knock at midnight if you will….as explained in the sermon by Dr Martin Luther King-

What will you do when that knock comes at Midnight?

My knoock at midnight came during my spiritual awakening -I let go of control at my darkest hour -humbled myself before God and the Universe-

I knelt  and asked. (for the first time in my life)… I need help- I do not know how to manage this any longer and I knew my way was not working- so I succumbed to the will of of my purpose….and to the voice within that I so desperately tried to silence my whole life….

And as I hung to the end of the rope…the loving voice inside whispered…..Let go………

and I did and was realeased…..

My question to you - What will you do when the knock comes at midnight?

Here is the thought for the day;

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meaness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be grateful for whomever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

Jalal ad-Din Rumi



To read the sermon A Knock at Midnight by Dr Martin Luther King Jr go to;
http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/publications/sermons/630000.000_Knock_at_Midnight.htm
To hear an audio except  go to http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/publications/sermons/multimedia/KAM.htm

No comments: