Thursday, March 29, 2007

why?

 
We must ask ourselves...
Why is the world in such a state,
harder to Love than it is to hate?
 
Where its easier to judge than be compassionate,
Where its easier to blame than to do what's right
Where its easier to condemn our neighbor than be his brother.
 
Our future is unsure, our children the heirs..
We are like an artist with clay, 
molding them into the caretakers of tomorrow...
 
They watch to see if we do what we say..
We are the mirrors our children look to
for who they are and who they will be...
 
What image do they see?
 
And if they're not doing what you like;
it's time to have the courage to look in the Mirror. 
 
Here is the thought for the day
 
In Germany they came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Martin Niemoeller

 
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: