Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Catalyst

Good Morning,
It has taken me most of my life to come  into acceptance of who I am and what I bring to the world.
 
The best word to describe me is a catalyst which Websters defines as;
 
Main Entry: cat·a·lyst
Pronunciation: 'ka-t & l-&st
2 : an agent that provokes or speeds significant change or action
 
 I realize that I facilitate change just from my presence.I used to take personally,the reactions that I received.
 
But now I know that for some, I am like warm loving breeze, clearing the cobwebs, inspiring them to be more, to do more...
and for others I am like sand paper on skin, abrasive and uncomfortable.... 
 
Whichever people feel, it is about looking within themselves.....finding permission within to grow, or resist violently..... There is no middle ground......
 
Look at the catalysts in your life; is it really what they do to you, or are they  just bringing up all your issues?
 
Either way, it is about looking at ourselves and having the strength to change; to look at your life from another perspective.....regardless of the catalyst...
 
 
Here is the thought for the day;

Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor --
Bare.
But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's,
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.
So boy, don't you turn back.
Don't you set down on the steps
'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.
Don't you fall now --
For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.

Langston Hughes

Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: