Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Release your inner rebel

Good Morning!
 
You have to learn the rules in order to effectively break them.
 
Self Discipline is one of the hardest rules to learn and unfortunately, the lessons that come with it can be harsh.
Too many times our want overrides the rule and only with self discipline can we fill the want and reduce the risk.
My life motto has always been; "I would rather beg forgiveness than ask permission",.
 
I always felt that because it was in my nature to be compelled to do things "out of the box"   it made people uncomfortable with their fears and limitations and they projected those to me; even as a child, which made me even more risky, more defiant.
 
There was always someone stopping me  from doing or trying or risking, so I started life with a 
" I-better- hurry- before- someone- stops- me" mentality.
It made the journey that much harder.
 
Now that I have children, I see that it can't always be no..I cannot let my fears and limitations stop them from trying and doing and risking, because without risk there is no experience.
 
Life is full of risk...and joy, and accomplishment, but in order to teach self discipline, children and adults need to feel the lessons that are wrapped in the pain of failure.
 
I would rather see them fail one hundred times and have the experience of trying again, with new insight- than never trying at all...
 
Do you project your fear of failure or risk to others?
Or do you allow them to try- and be supportive when it succeeds or fails?
 
Have the courage to risk, and release your inner rebel...it may be fun....
 
Here is the thought for the day!
 
Here's to the crazy ones.
The misfits.
The rebels
The trouble-makers.
The round heads in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules,
and they have no respect for the status-quo.
You can quote them,
disagree with them,
glorify, or vilify them.
But the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They push the human race forward.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world,
are the ones who do.

Jack Kerouac

Amen,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: