Monday, January 8, 2007

Good Monday!!!
 
I was offline for a few days-not by choice-which was purposeful, as I now understand.
Sometimes this (computer) can be a source of distraction, as I'm sure some of you can agree!
 
I have spent a lot of time over the past 10 years or so taking many memories that I have of the past, and apply them with a spiritual perspective.
 
As we all know, hindsight is 20-20, but viewing these memories with a spiritual eye has brought me a new perspective to these events; getting a whole new knowing.
 
My Dad is a pretty out of the box guy on a number of levels.
 
He was always giving me a myriad of "pearls of wisdom" which until  now I failed to fully recognize....
 
I have developed a great sense of direction, partly because, as a child he would hand me the street map and show you- "you are here" and "this is where we are going".
 
He would then have me tell him when and where to turn.
He would not turn unless you told him to. 
 
I know this seems like a lot of pressure for an 8 year old, but as he said;
"You're never lost, just taking the scenic route".
 
I have seemed at times, very lost in life, but I then apply this analogy to my situation, and rather than be lost, I try to see it as an opportunity to "take the scenic route".
 
Another favorite of his was-
"Just when you think you've gone too far, you haven't gone far enough."
 
So when we want to quit, just as the destination seems out of sight,
go another 1/2 mile and there it will be...
 
Thanks Dad;
For the map,
Trust in my internal compass,
The faith to go the extra 1/2 mile-
and permission to take the scenic route.
 
Here is the thought for the day-
 
There are hundreds of paths up the mountain,
all leading in the same direction,
so it doesn't matter which path you take.

The only one wasting time is the one
who runs around and around the mountain,
telling everyone else that their path is wrong.

Hindu Teaching

Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: