Friday, September 2, 2005

The Mirror

The Mirror of Me         

 In a dream I looked into a pool and what I saw was me

But in a gentler version of what we really see.

 

I was then shown, this pool really does reflect,

everyone I chance to meet, in all things that exist.

 

As I go about my day, do I see the piece of me,

that lives in everyone I meet, in every bird and tree?

 

It’s hard some days to see myself in beggar and in thief,

In Gossip and in Poverty as I pass it on the street.

 

Compassion is the key, how would it be if it was me?

Would I hope to get a smile from everyone I see?

 

Or would I like them to scorn and scold me for my mistakes

and pass me as so many did, leaving judgment in their wake?

 

Since I am a piece of God, and walk the Beauty way,

I must help myself up off the street and give encouragement away.

 

To give a smile.. … You can do It… I can understand.

I can help…what can I do…give a helping hand.

 

For in the ripples of the pool the reflection is You I see.

It’s hard to tell but I now know that you’re a part of me.

 

God has a Great Reflecting Pool, and as he looks Within,

In His Great Wisdom sees me inside of Him. 

 

He treats me gently like a child, no matter what mistakes I make,

And all He asks in return is that I might do the same.

 

Marianne Goldweber

copyright 2005

   
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber
Here is the web page:
http://hometown.aol.com/blueroadspirit/myhomepage/business.html
Here is a link to my journal page: Walking the Red Road
 

No comments: