Thursday, September 22, 2005

Good Morning!!  

I remember being five or six, snuggling with my mother, how she smelled, holding her hand, feeling the skin on her face and telling her how soft it was.....  

Then I can't remember exactly when, around when I reached my maiden time, she stopped snuggling, and her attitude toward me changed.  

We became separate and confrontational.......  

Our puberty years are so delicate, we are strangers in our body, undergoing this weird (interesting) metamorphosis.  

I thought for the longest time that I did something wrong and I was now unlikeable...  

What I would have given to have the nurturing of my mother then, instead of criticism about my shortness and my swelling emotions that spilled over at any time.....  

We become uncomfortable with others shedding emotions, because we're not comfortable with our own.  

It's during our transitions that we are like Snake, shedding his skin; momentarily blind and vulnerable, utterly human...  

We must look past the emotions of others during their transitions, it is not personal, they just don't have the words to express the myriad of emotions that they are feeling.  

Love them anyway.

Be kind anyway....  

Nurture each other.  

Here is the thought for the day:  

When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,'

You just scream.


AUTHOR: John Lennon
BIOGRAPHY: English singer and songwriter of the "Beatles", 1940-1980
 
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber
Here is the web page:
http://hometown.aol.com/blueroadspirit/myhomepage/business.html
Here is a link to my journal page: Walking the Red Road
 

No comments: