Thursday, July 28, 2005

Is free will really free?

Happy Thursday!

In our every day existence, without even realizing it, we are interacting and influencing other paths and existence's.

It is very important, that we understand how much influence we have on others, so that we can catch ourselves, giving our opinion, butting in, influencing another's decision with our will.

Each one of us has a way in which we do things. 

We have goals and a vision.
When someone else, even with the best of intentions, comes along and interrupts that process, it causes confusion, and the direction and energy is lost. 

We begin to doubt our decisions, and go off course, sometimes, permanently. Sometimes for a lifetime.

She is going to hate this, but this is a small example.
(I love you!)

My sister and I were going somewhere. she went to the car, and I was locking up the house. I got my planner, my keys, checked the stove, went for my purse and it was not there.
I got a little panicked. (I must say!) I looked all over the house, even in the bathroom, I was starting to doubt that I even brought it home, I must have left it somewhere on my errands that day. I was making a mental list of where I had been, I was actually sweating.
My sister came back in, wondering where I was, seeing my frenzy, she says, what's wrong?
I said, I lost my purse! 

She said, no you didn't I put it in the car for you..................

She was just being helpful.

But how many times are we just trying to be helpful, without realizing, that there is a method to everyone's madness. Just not the same madness that you comfortably (or not) exist in.

It causes others to doubt their own process and it disrupts their routine.

Even when someone asks for our help, we need to be helpful and not take them off their direction, even if we would not agree or do it in the same way.

Someone asking for help does not give us permission to give them our opinion, insight, input as well.
We have a responsibly to use our will to alter no other course than our own.

We are more powerful than we know.

Use that power to make changes in Your life

Here is the Thought for the day!

We don't always know what makes us happy. We know, instead, what we think should. We are baffled and confused when our attempts at happiness fail... We are mute when it comes to naming accurately our own preferences, delights, gifts, talents. The voice of our original self if often muffled, overwhelmed, even strangled, by the voices of other people's expectations. The tongue of the original self is the language of the heart.


Author: Julie Cameron
Source: The Vein of Gold: A Journey to Your Creative Heart by Julia Cameron
   
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber
Here is the web page:
http://hometown.aol.com/blueroadspirit/myhomepage/business.html
Here is a link to my journal page: Walking the Red Road
 

No comments: