Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I believe.........

There is sacredness in this journey,

the number of it's days are the ultimate secret,
as well as the pleasure and pain of the future
and since this is one of the Great Mysteries to which there is no answer,
I believe

My faith allows me to surrender the need to know-
to embrace each day as  a gift,
and although I may not understand the great purpose
in the trials and hardships of this human existance
I believe....

I get angry at injustice, or in a young life cut short,
hate and revenge and  the unkindness of the world.
I know that it is part of the Divine Plan that I may never understand yet
I believe

There are days and times where it does not make sense,
I wince from the suffering and grief and death and tragedy.
Anger and sadness inside me churns and swells,
assaulting the shores of my soul like a great storm.
I scream- from my most human core
Why- how can this be?
and small voice within whispers the answer....
Believe


Marianne Goldweber

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

As long as we continue to believe, we keep hope alive and breathing in a world of histrionics and doomsayers. I do not fear the future as I believe to the depths of my "Me".

Sheryl Pritt said...

Beautiful, Marianne. As always. Thank you.

I recently wrote a Note on FB of a similar vein called "Climb Listen Believe".

Believe in that vaporous whisper within that urges you on, while voices of pain and doubt deafen with fear... Believe in the journey, and the destination, and the strength to walk the path... Believe in Truth, Believe in Hope, Believe in Love... keep climbing, keep listening, keep Believing...I Believe...

Unknown said...

Love it Sheryl.... our experiences create amazing poetry...don;t they?.....