Friday, December 18, 2009

I've got that feeling.......the Christmas Feeling........

Today I was renewed by a classic- It's a Wonderful Life..

We have all  had moments when we feel that we have put off our dreams because of the demands of daily life....that no matter how hard we work it's never enough. We  have all had thoughts of how our existence is insignificant....

At one point in my journey- like George- it seemed  no matter how hard I tried- the Mr Potters of the world were out to sabotage my efforts- and  I reached a point of despair that changed my life forever... it was like the scene when George was in Martini's bar; George prayed for God to show him the way because he was out of options.....and God sent an angel...not to just save his life- but to help George redeem his faith in himself and renew his faith in the purpose he served to a damaged world....
In addition Clarence the angel reminding him that no matter how bad it seemed- it wasn't the material things that mattered- it is about the people who's lives we touch, who touch ours, and how truely blessed we are..

My favorite revelation is;   when we ask for Divine help and our prayers are answered- it doesn't always come in the package we expect.

My favorite part of the movie is when all the people George helped, came in his hour of need, anxious to  give to the man who gave them so much...That outpouring of love gets me every time....

It is indeed a Wonderful Life......

No comments: