Friday, September 4, 2009

A teaching ....the Chameleon........

For a good majority of my life I can remember being one of those people that swam against the stream.I went through life feeling driven to have as many experiences as possible, good and bad. Back in my younger days I did it to make a statement- a dare of sorts. I was out of the box to get noticed, like a bad kid in an extreme way.

Though my awakening I have found that being a creative daring spiritual force is one of the things I have been sent here to learn and ultimately teach through my example.

However, not in the extreme attention getting way ...out of balance.

No longer am I doing it to make a statement. I have come to accept what it is that I love about who I am; that being spiritual, creative, irreverent, risky and unique is what is best for me; and not caring what anyone else may think or say. Accepting who I am and really loving my uniqueness allows others to embrace the light and dark in themselves; to find out authentically who they are, regardless of the environment of which they came.

So many of us are like the Chameleon- changing our color to match whatever environment we may be in. After changing our color for so long- we come to find we may never been aware of what our true color is. Humans, like chameleons, do it for the same reasons, to hide, to camouflage ourselves from the predators. Hiding in fear of being seen and vulnerable.

What is your true color?

My message today is- dare to explore who you really are; Who you are meant to be on this path called Life. And if you don't really know; at the next fork in the road where we will meet, let's take the road less traveled and explore the scenic route together.

No comments: