Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Son

My Son
Posted on Sep 4th, 2007 by Marianne : Spiritual Warrior on the Good Red Road Marianne

My son is 11 now- and this summer marked a number of 'firsts' for him.


He took his first trip with his dad on the Harley- all the way to Tennessee- He now appreciates the 'road stories' that his Dad and I recount frequently!


He went to his first Biker funeral- which is more like a reunion- and he got to put a face with all the names and stories that he's heard over the years. He did it with grace and didn't let on….

And he mourned along side us and the rebels on their steel horses; the loss of a friend that he personally spent many afternoons with-  as he battled Cancer.

My son shared  memories of his days with Frank- a little man with a story to share.. old stories mixed with new…..and the big guys listened he was one of them…

I waited a long time to be a Mom-
Finally when I was 36 my son to decide to come to this existence.
When he was born- he looked like a little version of Gandhi- ancient looking, bald and smiling with that toothless little grin..

I am in love with him- the way he thinks- so different from my own (thank the heavens) and the inherent wisdom that he shares. His joy in simplicity and his compassion are many times a lesson for me.
 
The other day- I had a very strange experience….
He was coming back from a ride with his Dad and they pulled up on the bike…

He got off- took off his helmet, put his sunglasses up on his head. Then he turned to look at me in his jeans and leather jacket…

…and for an instant- I saw him as a grown man- it took my breath away- and as fast as it happened it was over…..

I choked back tears as he came smiling up to me and said…
Mom are you okay?……..
I'm fine son…just fine…


Here is the thought for the day


We worry about what a child will be tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.

Stacia Tauscher


Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

Access_public Access: Public 2 Comments Print Send views (36)  

No comments: