Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dreaming the dream.......



Life is but a dream....
We spend our lives on the 'To Do' and there doesn't seem to be time for ‘Creating the dream’. We feel  like slaves to the life that  is thrust upon us.

The life you have is the one that you are allowing yourself to have.              
If that's so- we can create whatever experience we want.
It can be changed at any moment.
-When you decide you want more.
-When you become intolerant of suffering.
-When you get accountable to your own life.

One day- I had a Dream. In the dream, I envisioned A Village, a place of peace, community and teaching-
an oasis for a changing and lost world.

At the time, there was no foreseeable way that was going to happen;
 I had a 2 year old- my marriage was a mess- I'd lost a 20 year career and I had lost my identity.
I owned a small retail store that I had to depend on for my very existence.
I thought there is no freaking' way. This ‘Dream’ was really a vision and part of my Spiritual Awakening.

I bought a three ring binder- I filled it with ideas for the 'Dream'. I wrote powerful words on the cover with a silver marker;. Manifestation- Inspirations- Insights- Notions- Plans- Ideas- Visions- Dreams- and drew suns stars and moons all over it.

What would it look like? What would I do there? Who would come?

Ok, what would I need to get it up and running?
1. A location..(I had visited a wonderful B+B once- I fell in love with it.)
I used it as my  backdrop.

2. What were the blocks to getting it?
I made a list.. it started to look do-able!

With help from the Universe- things slowly began to change....I began to change..
I got divorced (not by my choosing at the time) I let go of the store that was a source of exhaustion and huge financial commitment. I spent the next year healing my wounded life, mourning, decompressing, sorting, purging, , praying  and dreaming. I was blessed to have the company of my friend and sister Jennifer during that amazing, wonderful, horrible time.
At the end of that year, I had a clearer understanding of the Dream. I had a clearer understanding of what I needed to create it. I got accountable, gained confidence, accepted myself unconditionally, evolved and planned. With every bag of garbage I purged and every relationship I evaluated,  I cleared the path of everything that was in the way of the Dream. My ways of thinking- worry- control and fear and replaced them with hope- accountability- faith and surrender.

During those years, my son and I visited our beloved  B+B over 30 times. He used to call it ‘Our House’;it was for sale and vacant. In  October 2009, I made the call and it was available and do-able. On the Full Moon- October 31, 2009 A Village became a reality.

The day we got the keys- I stood in the living room with my now 15 year old son-
He said "We did it Mom- can you believe it?...It's our  Dream come true. Can you believe we are standing in ‘Our House’?!"
I cried that day..
For the woman I was-
For the time wasted in suffering-
For Joy-
For the Future-
and in Gratitude.

No comments: