Monday, April 9, 2007

Soul Mates- they're not what you think...

Soul mates…….
Our soul mates are not necessarily the passionate lovers that we long for and search for in this life. Our soul mates are sometimes those souls that challenge us the most.
Those that bring us the most powerful lessons.  
Forcing us to make peace with them in this Earth walk, in order to learn more about ourselves.

They impact our lives so purposefully that they alter its course.
Good and bad
Right and wrong
Better or worse
Richer and poorer
Sickness and health
and truly Till death do us part.  

I married a guy who showed up in my life with a 1979 Harley and a bag full of clothes, back in 1988..a veteran of the Navy…and after an amazing journey, we ended our marital contract in 2001.
If you ever heard the song Desperado, by the Eagles..That's him.

No one in this life has given me such a different perspective about how to view the world, or myself. I fancied myself as a person who was spontaneous, daring, irreverent and a risk taker…until I met him.. He pushed me outside of my comfort zone….

Our first trip together across country was on a motorcycle….
He said 'No whining'..or he would put me on a plane back to Cleveland….

Here are some of the things I learned.. 

  
Stuff doesn't matter……you have to pack light.you can wear the same clothes twice... and if you need it, it will appear as you go…God put Walmart and Laundromats in every state from Ohio to California…  

 
You don't have to shower every day…Our agreement was you get a hotel every other  night…Unless your in Wyoming, and the only town for 200 miles has a soccer tournament.. 

 
You can sing as loud as you want,whenever you want .I was so inspired by the song America, that when I saw the mountains (Colorado), and the prairies (South Dakota) and the waving grain (Kansas)  I just had to burst out in song….oh, and the person up front can't hear you.. 

 
Never take the dotted road on the map..even if it is a shortcut…Free range cows are territorial…Bulls are mean. 

 
People are nice..helpful and kind..Every grandfather and grandmother across our country has a story if you are willing to listen…. 

 
We need each other…thank God for the kindness of strangers and each other. 

 
You can sleep sitting up while on a motorcycle…..there's not a lot of things to see from th
e highway in Kansas.. 

 
Love means compromise… need I say more? 

 
Bathrooms are a luxury- Pack toilet paper, always.. I had the last laugh…  


I'm not as tough as I thought- I get crabby when I don't eat, and I do whine on occasion..  
You don't have to sweat to get dehydrated- who knew? I'm from Ohio  

 
A herd of Buffalo sound like thunder when they run, and they are HUGE.

  
It rains once every 9 months in southern Arizona- and it will do it when you are camping..  

Pioneers were amazing- How did they get covered wagons over the Rocky Mountains without roads?  

Our Native Peoples are suffering- visit any reservation.

  
There really are such things as Roadrunners  


When there are no city lights you can touch the stars-  


We spend too much time being critical, and take each other for granted.  

I dedicate this thought for the day to my soul mate,
Who is still a reminder of Who I was,
 Who I have become,
And who I am yet to be.
Thank you.  

Here is the thought for the day….  

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own.
No apologies or excuses
No one to lean on, rely on, or blame.
The gift is yours
- it is an amazing journey -
and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.
This is the day your life really begins.

Author Unknown
But Greatly Appreciated!


 Namaste,
Marianne

1 comment:

Mavvy Vasquez said...

Wonderful insights, Mar. Thanks so much for sharing!