Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'd like to teach the world to sing......

There was a time that I could not think of my own death without freaking myself out.
 
I pondered this issue with care and realized it made me acutely aware of what I haven't done in my life and the guilt over the things that I didn't do well.
 
I also realized that I didn't have a clear understanding of  belief or faith in something that connects me outside this reality, Like the Universe, or God, Or the Source; overcoming my illusions and  issues with "control."
 
We are Spiritual beings, having a human experience.
 
I read a line in a book by Carlos Castaneda, that we are all bodies in process of dying, but act as if we are immortal.
 
We are all human bodies that will die one day.
 
But rather than mourn what we haven't done, let's celebrate Life; the chance to be of service, to make the world a better place.
 
A chance to tell people they are loved, that there is hope, that they can be free.....
.
To leave our children with a secure sense of self, and enable them to think, and live independent of us. Confident in their ability to sustain themselves.
 
To give away all the things that don't serve us any longer. Hoarding creates scarcity.
Living with less in order to have MORE.
 
Lighten our burden on ourselves, our society, on Mother Earth and be more sustainable..
Be more physically responsible to our life and our environment, by reducing our dependence.
 
Be more spiritually responsible by owning our shortcomings and spreading Peace and Love.
 
Be emotionally responsible by releasing ourselves as a victim of our past and present and   dare to create a mature and accountable tomorrow.
 
When we do these things, we forever change the world around us.
 
So when we Cross over to the Blue Road of Spirit..we go with glad heart, ready for the next leg of our journey.......
 
What if ..................
 
Here is the thought for the day
 
"The great sea has set me in motion, set me adrift, and I move as a weed in the river. The arch of the sky and mightiness of storms encompasses me,
and I am left trembling with joy."
--Eskimo song
 
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: