Monday, April 10, 2006

Thich Nhat Hanh

Good Morning!!
Life can fly by without us truly experiencing it.
 
We can mourn lost time, or become aware of every experience, in the present moment.
Fully enjoying it without thought of  what is to come.
 
However, we go about our day like a feather on the wind, allowing the experiences of the day to carry us, from one thing to another, we are usually thinking about the past, later today, or tomorrow. Most of us are not even present to what we are eating. Our quality of life is based on how much, not how well.
 
Stop and be mindful. Savor the experiences of the day, every encounter.
 
Today's thought for the day comes from Thich Nhat Hahn- He is a Vietnamese Buddhist Monk who in his simplicity speaks a powerful message of peace, mindfulness and Love..
He lives in exile in France in a place called Plum Village.
 
Here is the web site for further info.http://www.plumvillage.org
 
Here is the thought for the day
 

I would like everyone to sing with me the song:

"Flower Fresh," so that we memorize it, and we will begin to learn to practice like a flower, a mountain, still water, and space.

 

 

Breathing in, breathing out,

Breathing in, breathing out,

I am blooming as a flower,

I am fresh as the dew.

I am solid as a mountain,

I am firm as the earth.

I am free.

 

Breathing in, breathing out.

Breathing in, breathing out.

I am water, reflecting

What is real, what is true.

And I feel there is space,

Deep inside of me.

I am free, I am free, I am free.

 
Namaste,
Marianne Goldweber

No comments: